- CompOnline® Risk Management System began undergoing a major upgrade, for launch in 2011. State-of-the-art functions: customize your loss analysis and management reports, sign up for email alerts on changes in claims, and view claims activity in a convenient dashboard overview.
- Periodic wage reporting was redeveloped into an online service, enabling employers to choose monthly, quarterly or semiannual plans to report payroll and pay premiums.
- More policyholders took advantage of annual payroll reporting and e-paying premiums via electronic check. Annual payroll reporting, which includes the annual audit and is available through SFM's MyPayroll, is now preferred by more than 70 percent of SFM's small business policyholders.
- Our totally redesigned website—www.sfmic.com—launched in 2010. Practical information and usability make it a premier customer service center for employers. Nearly three-quarters of all injury claims reported to SFM are reported via the website.
- The SFM Employer Kit went online, a new source of current forms, injury reporting instructions and information to help you better manage injured workers and the costs of injuries. The online kit integrates with the redesigned print version of the kit.
- SFM Resource Catalog, expanded and completely redesigned, was the source of thousands of downloads and orders by employers. The hottest topics were related to supervisors and loss prevention.
- Transitional Work Warehouse launched to help employers through issues in returning injured employees to work. The "warehouse" features industry-specific lists of transitional work possibilities.
- A new resource center for policyholders with Employment Practices Liability coverage provides a legal hotline telephone number, employee self-training sessions on discrimination, and model employment handbook policies.
- SFM provides state-of-the-art online capabilities for insurance agents as well. Through SFM Application Manager, agents quoted and bound a record number of new policies in 2010.