Community and Charitable Giving
SFM and its employees actively support charitable organizations throughout the community.
SFM has a designated charitable giving committee to organize opportunities for employees to volunteer and donate financial resources. Past events organized by the committee and other employee efforts have included:
- Annual United Way donation campaign
- Toys for Tots
- Fundraisers to support health-related causes
- Bag lunches for homeless shelters
- Food, housing supply and clothing drives
- Fundraisers to benefit disaster relief funds
- Volunteering at food shelves and donation centers
- "Dress down" weeks with proceeds donated to charity
SFM often provides a substantial corporate match to employee donations.
SFM also offers an annual floating holiday for employees to volunteer in the community.
Donation requests are also accepted to support nonprofit organizations and causes that improve and enrich the lives of people in the surrounding community through SFM's Corporate Giving Program.
In 2008 SFM created the SFM Foundation, a non-profit scholarship program to benefit children of workers disabled or fatally injured in work-related accidents.
Details are available on the SFM Foundation website.