SFM welcomes large, small and middle-market employers across all industries.
Small business accounts
SFM serves thousands of small businesses in the Midwest, focusing on low-risk mainstreet business. SFM's volume of small business allows for efficiency and competitive pricing.
Quote and bind business through SFM Agency Manager (SAM).
If you have a question about SFM's small accounts, please call (952) 838-4200 or (800) 937-1181 ext 2048.
Mid-size and large employers
SFM welcomes business from a broad range of mid-size and large employers. SFM offers specialized services these employers are looking for in a workers' compensation partner, such as:
SFM looks for employers with:
- Loss prevention consultation
- Development of an effective return-to-work program
- Aggressive medical case management using SFM's in-house consulting doctors, nurses and occupational therapists
- Legal expertise provided by SFM's attorneys
- State-of-the-art systems to help employers manage claims and analyze their losses
- Consistent loss histories
- A commitment to loss prevention and return to work
- An engaged human resources staff
- Interest in a quality workers' compensation program for long-term cost control
SFM may even be a match for employers in industries known for difficult loss experience but who have distinguished themselves by establishing effective safety programs or by responding proactively to injuries.
Specialized services for large employers
SFM works with large employers and their agents to develop large-deductible and loss-sensitive plans customized to their tolerance for insurance risk and desire for deeper levels of personalized service.
View full detail on SFM's underwriting appetite (PDF)
Get a quote
SFM wants to work with you to understand the risk and develop pricing that is both competitive and appropriate. You are encouraged to let SFM quote business of all types, sizes and locations.
Submit your application through SFM Agency Manager (SAM)
Learn about other submission options
If you have questions, please contact an SFM underwriter at (952) 838-4200 or (800) 937-1181.