EPLI: What agents should know
It's easy to offer this valuable coverage to your clients
Small business owners are being hit with a sharp increase in charges of violating employment practice laws. Most charges are found to be without merit, but the defense costs can be staggering.
Only SFM lets you offer your small business clients broad employment practices liability insurance (EPLI) coverage as an endorsement to their monoline workers' compensation policies.
Why combine workers’ compensation and EPLI?
EPLI and workers’ compensation risks can easily interconnect. Adding EPLI to your client’s SFM workers’ compensation policy coordinates coverages, cost control, claims handling and HR management for better client service. The bottom line is lower overall cost for the employer.
Our EPLI coverage is:
- An extension of our expertise in employment issues
- Delivered as an endorsement to the workers’ compensation policy
- Designed and competitively priced for small businesses
- A product that should be recommended to your clients
- Easy to add to your application through SFM Agency Manager (SAM)
Coverage and services
Base coverage includes:
- Liability damages, punitive damages (as allowed per state law) and defense costs due to charges brought by full-time, part-time, temporary and seasonal employees, applicants for employment and recognized volunteers
- Full prior acts and charges
- $100,000 limit and $5,000 deductible
Details on additional coverage options and a listing of the services offered as part of EPLI coverage are available in our product guide.
To receive an EPLI quote on a new account, choose one of two methods:
- Submit an application through SAM
- Call your SFM underwriter at (800) 937-1181
- Receive EPLI quotes automatically
We will send you an EPLI quote along with the workers' compensation renewal quote prior to the policy expiration date. This applies for each of your current SFM policyholders with employee full-time equivalents (FTEs) of 50 or less. Typically, these will have workers' comp premiums of less than $10,000.
- Review the quote with your client
If we don't hear from you within 30 days, the workers' comp policy will be generated automatically without the EPLI endorsement and sent to you to forward to your client.