Injured Worker and Family Assistance Program
You may be dealing with personal challenges that started before you had a work injury, or new ones. The free, confidential Injured Worker and Family Assistance Program is here to work with you and your family and offer suggestions, options and information. Here are some answers to questions you may have.
Is this service confidential?
Yes. This service is provided by Magellan Healthcare. SFM employees can't access your personal information, or find out what services you've received through the Injured Worker and Family Assistance Program.
What can the program help me with?
This program can connect you with counseling and other resources to deal with many issues including:
- Resiliency — overcoming stress and crisis in your personal or work life.
- Emotional Wellness — addiction, depression, anxiety and help with other emotional wellness issues.
- Physical health — weight loss, quitting smoking.
- Wellness and balance — work-life balance, stress, relaxation, personal well-being.
- Personal and family goals — relationships, children and teens or aging loved ones. Changes in financial or personal situations.
- Everyday challenges — finding infant and child care, help with housing needs, financial consultation.
How do I access this service?
How many counseling sessions can I get?
Your program includes up to three counseling sessions for you and your eligible dependents or household members at no cost to you. A national network with thousands of licensed professionals is available to help you address these and other emotional health problems that can impact your health and well-being.
Are there online alternatives to counseling?
Yes, the program’s online self-guided care programs offer an option to traditional care and can help improve your health and overall emotional well-being. You have access to these confidential, clinically proven self-paced programs any time day or night.
Does this program cost me anything?
No, this program is free for you and your family.
Please note: The services provided through this program are not required by workers’ compensation law and do not constitute workers’ compensation benefits.