June 1, 2015
Star Tribune names SFM a Top Workplace for 2015
BLOOMINGTON, Minn., June 15, 2015 — SFM ranked fourth among medium-sized employers in the Star Tribune's Top 150 Workplaces in Minnesota for 2015.
The Star Tribune's top workplaces were chosen based on anonymous surveys of employees which asked them to rank their employers in areas such as quality of leadership, cooperation between departments, meaningfulness of work, appreciation from coworkers, positivity of workplace, flexibility in scheduling, level of pay and quality of benefits.
Ninety-five percent of SFM's 200+ employees participated in the survey. Key findings include:
- SFM employees rate their pay and benefits 24 percent higher than the industry benchmark
- SFM employees rate the company's ability to execute 22 percent higher than the industry benchmark
- SFM employees rate their work conditions 20 percent higher than the industry benchmark
"We are gratified to see that employees feel good about the company's strategic direction and work environment," said Jody Rogers, vice president, human resources. "Employees here tell us they feel good about where the company's going and empowered to make a difference, and it's great to see the survey data back that up."
As documented in a recent video series , employees cite many reasons they like working at SFM including:
- Work/life balance
- Educational and other growth opportunities
- Friendly, close-knit atmosphere
- Management that's receptive to employees' ideas
- Commitment to giving back to the community
The Star Tribune Top Workplaces designation is awarded based on the results of a survey of employees conducted by WorkplaceDynamics, a company that specializes in employee surveys and conducts more than 6,000 annually.