Helping employers navigate COVID-19 challenges
April 15, 2020
Dear SFM policyholders,
As employers and our communities manage the unprecedented challenges and economic uncertainties resulting from COVID-19, SFM is doing what it takes to help our policyholders in these uncertain times. We know that many businesses have had to lay off or furlough workers, and our business community is facing a significant decline in revenues. SFM is committed to doing all we can to help minimize the negative impacts.
Nearly all of our 280+ employees are now working from home, and are doing everything they can to help employers and injured workers. We have taken a number of steps to ease the financial uncertainty and increase safety and health resources for SFM employers, specifically:
- Fast reaction and coverage determination to new COVID-19 claim reports and other workplace injuries
- Consistently making benefit payments to injured employees
- Reducing premium costs by amending class codes for furloughed employees
- Suspending all onsite loss prevention consultation visits
- Suspending all onsite annual premium audits
- Maintaining a 24/7 work injury hotline, which offers access to nurses for medical consultation on new workplace injuries
- Providing access to resources for injured workers
- 24/7 access to our CompOnline risk management system for employers
Safety for our customers, agency partners and employees is our top priority. We will all get through this together.
Please check back regularly for updates, and if you have additional questions or suggestions, please contact your agent or email us.
Terry Miller, President & CEO