SFM educational webinars
SFM offers educational webinars on workers’ compensation topics for policyholders and agents hosted by our safety and claim experts.
Avoiding litigated claims webinar
In August 2022 we hosted an educational webinar on avoiding litigated work comp claims.
Seasoned claims representative and several work comp attorneys discussed:
- Why injured employees seek litigation for a work comp claim
- What the process entails
- How litigation impacts your business and everyone involved
- Courses of action and best practices before, during and after litigation
- Much more, including a Q&A at the end of the hour
More past webinars
Loss prevention 101 webinar
This webinar covers the basics of a good safety program, including leadership’s role in preventing injuries, how to assess past injuries, identify hazards, communicate to staff, implement safety training, engage staff in safety and more.
Excerpts from the loss prevention 101 webinar
- Why loss prevention is important
SFM Loss Prevention Specialist Mike Fetting explains the importance of prioritizing safety and having a robust loss prevention program
- The role leadership plays in safety and loss prevention
SFM Loss Prevention Specialist Steve Lichtenberg breaks down what leadership means in safety and the role leaders play in preventing injuries
- How to perform assessments and determine controls
SFM Loss Prevention Specialist Dana Mickelson describes how to assess past injuries and identify hazards so you can prevent future injuries
- Training methods for your safety and loss prevention program
SFM Senior Loss Prevention Representative Sara Cooper shares best practices for implementing safety training for staff and how to engage them in loss prevention year-round.
- Communication techniques for your safety and loss prevention program
SFM Loss Prevention Specialist Mike Fetting talks you through best practices for encouraging feedback, and communicating safety and loss prevention expectations to staff.
Avoiding winter slips and falls webinar
This webinar covers why winter slip and fall prevention is important, examples of hazards that cause injuries, best practices to identify hazards and investigate the cause, how to implement changes to avoid future injuries and more.
Excerpts from the winter slips and falls webinar
- Why winter slips and falls prevention is important
SFM Loss Prevention Specialist Jason Clausen shares some winter slips and falls injury statistics and the impact preventing these injuries can have on your organization.
- How to identify winter slips and falls hazards and investigate their cause
SFM Loss Prevention Specialist Carl Gruber explains the various hazards that can cause winter slips and falls and how to identify and fix them to avoid future injuries.
- How to implement winter slips and falls safety action items
SFM Senior Loss Prevention Representative Nick Johnson demonstrates effective ways to implement winter slips and falls safety action items.
Claims 101 webinar
This webinar covers workers’ compensation claims basics, including a breakdown of the lifecycle of a claim, types of injuries and benefits, how to report an injury, how claims impact an organization’s future premium and more.
Excerpts from the claims 101 webinar
- Reporting injuries and return to work
SFM Loss Prevention Specialist Luke Sammon explains best practices for reporting injuries and the benefits return to work.
- Lifecycle of a work comp claim
SFM Claims Specialist Laurie Neagbour describes the typical steps involved in workers’ compensation claims.
- Covered injuries & benefits for work comp claims
SFM Claims Specialist D.J. Sjerven explains the types of covered workers’ comp injuries and the benefits injured employees and/or their families may receive.
- What is an e-mod?
SFM Senior Marketing Underwriter Nathan Gaffaney explains experience modifications (e-mods) and how claim activity can impact an organization’s future premium.