We value and protect our customers' privacy
SFM Mutual Insurance Company does not disclose any non-public personal information about our policyholders, applicants, agents, customers or former customers to any non-affiliated third party other than disclosures required or permitted by law, and even then only for the purpose of transacting the business of your insurance coverage or policy or for other legitimate business purposes.
Collection of information
In order to serve our customers and to provide workers' compensation and related products and services, SFM may obtain information from many different sources, including:
- Information that comes directly from our policyholders and/or their agents from applications for insurance and from other transactions and interactions with us.
- Information that comes from our policyholders or other customers about employees who are workers' compensation claimants.
- Information about our customers from credit reporting organizations and other sources.
- Information about injured employees from insurance reporting organizations, health care providers, government agencies and other sources.
The type of information SFM collects depends on the type of policy or other product and includes the following:
- Credit and other financial information
- Claims history
- Information regarding previous insurance policies and programs
- Information needed to investigate and resolve claims
- Employment records and information related to injured employees
- Health care information and records needed to investigate and resolve work injuries
Disclosure of information
SFM does not sell private information about our policyholders or other customers, nor do we make private information available to nonaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes. We disclose such information only when it is necessary to conduct our insurance business, such as to:
- Service policies we issue
- Investigate and pay claims
- Comply with state or federal regulatory requests for information
- Process transactions that our customers request
Accordingly, depending on the product or service involved, SFM may, for example, share this information with the following:
- Insurance, workers' compensation and other government regulators
- A policyholder's or other customer's independent insurance agent
- Reinsurance companies with whom we do business
- Health care providers
- Attorneys and other agents working on our behalf in the adjudication of claims
- Data reporting agencies as required by law
SFM maintains physical and electronic safeguards to prevent access to nonpublic personal and proprietary information about our customers. We also comply with all applicable state and federal privacy and nondisclosure laws and regulations.
If you have questions or comments regarding this privacy and nondisclosure statement, please contact SFM's General Counsel at (800) 937-1181.
You're also welcome to email us.
This privacy and nondisclosure statement applies to SFM Mutual Insurance Company and to each of its affiliated companies.