We asked SFM’s loss prevention representatives what we’d find in the winter emergency kits they keep in their cars in case of roadside emergencies.
Their safety kits include:
- Magnetized emergency flashers you can stick on the car
- Fleece hats, scarves and mittens
- Tow ropes
- A blanket, such as a Mylar emergency blanket
- First aid supplies
- Hand and foot warmers
- Matches and candles
- A whistle
- A flashlight and spare batteries
- Warm boots
- High visibility vest
- A lithium battery jump starter, which can also charge cell phones and provide light
- Packaged snacks such as nuts and granola bars
- A snow suit
- Road flares and warning triangles
- Chemical light sticks
- Traction footwear
What's in your winter emergency kit? Tell us in the comments!
Follow these other winter driving safety tips for more advice.